Senior Portrait Info
All things senior!
You've Booked Your Session. Now What?
- Choosing a location is the first thing you want to do. What do you like? Are you a city girl, or a country guy? Does the beach and an amazing sunset make you happy? Do you have a location that means something special to you?
- Weather - As we New Englanders say, if you don't like the weather, wait a minute. So don't worry if it looks like rain a few days before your photos. I usually try to make that decision the day of or a few hours before (if you don't have a hair and/or make-up appointment). Overcast skies on the other hand will not cancel your session and are great for photo day.
- Feel free to offer some suggestions as well. We are always up for discovering new and exciting locales.
- Keep in mind that a half hour session must be within the greater Cheshire area, an hour session must be within a 45 minute drive.
- A two hour session may have 2 locations.
What to Wear
- Pick colors that compliment your skin and avoid neon colors and large bold prints. Loose and unstructured clothing does not photograph well
- Mix it up with some casual and some formal outfits
- For ladies, make up is a must. Even if you normally don't wear it, foundation, light eye make up and a bit of color on the lips make a BIG impact
- Shoes matter! I will be getting some full length shots so be sure to have your best shoes with you.
- We recommend a minimum of 2 outfits for the half hour session, 2-4 for the hour session and 3-5 for the two hour session.
What to Bring
- Bring a friend, a family member, a pet, your instrument, your sports equipment . . . anything that will make your photos uniquely you!
- We also do stylized shoots. So if you are thinkings an 80's theme, all-american, or cowboy, we got you! Just let us know and we will make it work.
- Most importantly, bring a great attitude and get ready to have fun! This is your senior year - let's capture some great memories.
- Book your make-up and hair appointment times so you have plenty of time to get to your location.
- If you plan to cut your hair prior to your photos, do it at least a few weeks in advance.
- Try on your outfits in advance. There is nothing worse than getting to a shoot and not liking what you are wearing.
- Look in the mirror before you go- is your hair brushed ? Do you like how you look? Are your clothes wrinkle-free?
- Remember your accessories . . . ties, jewelry, shoes, additional outfits, and yes, I dare say, the appropriate undergarments for sleeveless attire.